GreenCape is looking for a Financial Accountant. This is a full-time contract position available immediately until 31 March 2022
The deadline for applications is Friday, 26 March 2021
Responsibilities will include, but not limited, to the following:
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Prepare monthly financial reports for funders and the company
- Prepare the audit file for funder audits and the annual company audit
- Assist with independent audit queries
- Preparation and payment of all statutory SARS accounts
- Maintenance of Xero accounting system
- Review adherence to the company procurement policy for all expenses
- Maintenance of preferred supplier database
- Weekly payments and cash book processing
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Review work submitted by the Operations Officer
- Manage office overhead budget to align with goals of business
- Review and respond to questions and issues arising from day to day business concerning office administration
- Line management of the Operations Officer
Contract length and remuneration
This is a full-time contract position available immediately until 31 March 2022, subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. The contract renewal period will thereafter be extended to three years, but will be dependent on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV;
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit);
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. You can complete the application form by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. The deadline for applications is Friday, 26 March 2021. Interviews will be held in the week of 29 March 2021.
The successful candidate will start as soon as possible thereafter, or taking notice periods into account. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 30 April 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with their Employment Equity Plan.
For more information on this job opportunity, download the full job description and advertisement here.