Our client, an international provider of software solutions for electrical utilities, is looking for a bright, sagacious and result-oriented C++ Developer to join their unique device management team in South Africa.
The ideal candidate for this role is a detail-oriented software developer who, under the supervision of a senior developer, will be responsible for designing and implementing device management software.
Other responsibilities include reporting bug cases with clear reproduction steps, unit testing and verification of developed code, including setting up test environments. It is essential that the candidate has excellent communication skills and be a team player, as they will work within a team development environment.
Forward-thinking individuals are encouraged to apply for this position as the chosen candidate will not only follow process, but also challenge process and help to improve when problems are noted.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with ground-breaking technologies and gain experience working for a reputable international organisation, then apply for this role today!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering from a reputable tertiary institute
- An in-depth understanding of modern C++ as well as legacy C/C++.
- Understand SCADA protocols for energy utilities such as DNP3, MODBUS and SELFM
- Proven previous experience with inter-process communications
- In-depth understanding of Windows internals and Microsoft technologies
- Previous experience with unit testing, specifically VS Test