An engineering solutions company is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Design Engineer to join their team either in Johannesburg or Cape Town. Your main focus will include designing PV systems for commercial and industrial rooftop projects, spreading over the entire South African region.
If you are the perfect fit for the role you will have extensive Renewable Energy and Solar PV Energy project experience designing and executing solar PV energy systems across diverse technologies. You will use your technical knowledge to ensure that compliance standards are met and custom solutions are identified and developed – guaranteeing PV system optimisation.
In order to successfully retain client satisfaction, you will need to be commercially savvy as you prepare designs, source suppliers, assess construction feasibility, conduct due-diligence, prepare bids, meet deadlines and ensure only the highest level of quality on all your projects.
This is the right role for you if designing PV systems is what you love, know well and want to do every day. If you are self-motivated and passionate about utility-scale independent energy solutions, then you will be the perfect fit for this opportunity.
- B / MEng – Electrical, with an existing track-record of successful PV Systems design
- 3+ years’ experience in RE energy
- Experience in using PVSyst or other solar PV simulation software
- Thorough understanding of South African legislation pertinent to RE and work history of ensuring compliance
- Superlative written, communication and negotiation skills