An independent power producer based in Southern Africa is looking for a project engineer that will monitor the effective and efficient running of energy facilities and ensure compliance to contractual agreements, regulations, legislation as well as company policies and procedures.
The qualified individual will support energy project development and readiness for commercial operation. Also, support readiness and due diligence functions for new operational assets. An advantage is having the ability to successfully assist with prep work of designs, drawings and applicable specifications and the ability to interface with all relevant stakeholders alike.
If you are a seasoned project engineer with strong renewable (solar or wind) experience, this position is for you.
- Ensure designs are executed in line with contractual obligations;
- Monitor day to day running of the energy facilities and manage the various contractors to ensure project deliverables are met;
- Identify operational priorities and conduct site operations evaluations and inspections;
- Operations processes and equipment maintenance / assessments;
- Manage operations in line with the structuring of legal and/or commercial arrangements in support of business objectives;
- Procurement and contract management support;
- Manage operational budgets and operations in line with the structuring of legal and/or commercial arrangements in support of business objectives;
- Risk management, safety and compliance;
- Support the company and its shareholder with project development functions (solar and/or wind):
- General technical support;
- Project initiation support and practical guidance;
- Contract definition support (including technical specifications);
- Project evaluation and due diligence;
- Readiness for operations; and
- Effective contractor supervision / management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B Tech / Degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics / Instrumentation;
- Solar or wind service technician course – added advantage;
- 4 – 6 years’ relevant experience in energy industry (Generation / Transmission / Distribution);
- Experience in construction, operations and/or maintenance of solar PV projects; project management of energy (solar or wind) projects;
- Experience in other areas within the renewable industry – added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer Literacy (MS Office suite);
- Project management;
- Sound technical knowledge of energy technologies (e.g. turbine specifications, solar PV equipment specifications, electrical balance of plant), SCADA systems in energy facilities, their configuration and set-up, protection systems, power electronics, generators, transformers, etc;
- Well versed with legal requirements for operation electrical equipment;
- Agility and flexibility; Resource utilisation; Business insight/acumen.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org