Our client, and EPC and O&M giant in the renewable energy sector, is seeking a competent project manager, with EPC contracts experience, to manage solar PV systems (rooftop and ground-mounted) from project award to COD.
After project award, you will be responsible for the contractual set up and negotiation of EPC contracts (silver book), dealing with the relevant parties during this process and making sure the projects reach financial close and COD on time and within budget.
Due to the amount of projects in the pipeline, you will be required to manage multiple projects simultaneously and budgets to the value of approximately R200 – R300million. Having prior experience working on large solar PV rooftop systems or MW scale is essential, as this person will need to hit the floor running with very little or no training.
You will need to be commercially aware (strong EPC FIDIC contracts experience), exhibit excellent project management skills and have the ability to deal with various stakeholders.
- Relevant Engineering or Law degree (mixture of the two would be ideal)
- Strong EPC contract (FIDIC and silver book) initiation and negotiation
- Track record in managing solar PV projects from project award to COD
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in taking projects to financial close
- Organised and well-presented
- Excellent communication skills