Our client, part of a reputable global group of companies and that is responsible for the development, implementation and operations of energy infrastructure worldwide, is looking for a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of a South African Business Unit.
This person familiar with electricity networks, infrastructure and facilities, will be responsible for the overall development of new opportunities and providing direction and strategy for the Project Managers through the project life cycle of overhead HV line implementation.
The successful candidate will evaluate best practices in BD, be responsible for personal targets and KPIs, and will be involved in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting. Furthermore, the selected candidate will have a strong technical background and will need to be the point of contact on all technical aspects of the transmission and distribution market division.
The ideal candidate will be used to coordinate energy project bids for tender processes and RFPs as required, utilising their extensive experience with Eskom networks and the South African grid. The key goal will include selecting and analysing business opportunities all the while bringing unsurpassable value to the company using your depth of knowledge in the relative industry.
- Electrical Engineering degree is essential
- Previous work within Eskom preferred
- Practical experience in HV & MV electrical expertise
- Technically competent abilities must be apparent
- At least 4+ years’ experience within the energy industry, renewable energy is highly advantageous
- Must have great track record as a Sales Engineer or Business Development Manager
- Implementation of transmission lines/substations essential
- Brilliant communication, verbal and written is required