Our client, a growing force in the development of utility and commercial scale energy initiatives is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Business Development Manager. This role is perfect for a highly driven, proactive individual who is excited at the thought of representing the organisation in a growing industry and travelling frequently into Africa.
The key goal will be for you to select, analyse and negotiate business opportunities all the while bringing great value to the company and using your depth of knowledge in the relative technologies. The ideal candidate will serve as the commercial representative for the company, responsible for the coordination and preparation all the documentation needed to bid projects.
You will find yourself responsible for analysing and managing; contracts, permits, legal requirements as well as managing relations with relevant parties/stakeholders.
This will be a challenging role as you secure and negotiate new energy projects while simultaneously growing the company in South Africa. If you enjoy travelling, you will love that this role requires you to travel both locally and internationally as needed.
- A degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics or a similar field is essential
- At least 3+ years’ experience within the energy industry
- Work experience in various Sub-Saharan African countries will be highly beneficial
- Must have great track record as a Business Development Manager or strong feasibility/development of large-scale energy assets
- International experience is advantageous
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. Spanish is beneficial