Conference: East African Power Industry Convention
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Presenter: Berhanu Gizaw Hailemariam
Abstract: Presented by Berhanu Gizaw Hailemariam at East African Power Industry Convention
This global world of hypermedia, intern ate working or ICT breakthrough is depriving us from becoming master of our will. To add to the problem in this millennium time is rushing, life is becoming hectic, matter and things are changing rapidly, modern technological products are becoming more and more complex and sophisticated, and an enormous amount of information is over flooding the society. Thus, becoming compelled to neglect moral values which are bringing us very close to self destruction. The article takes of from the actual educational situation of Ethiopia and attempts to determine the didactical and methodical challenges of the new technology instructor in view of the nature of technology as a subject matter.
To cope up with these challenges engineering pedagogy and pedagogical methodologies would have to be developed which would shade light on the nature of modern technologies such as Generation capacity and new technologies, and Transmission technologies and development.
Education in technological fields is critical to innovation, over the past few decades education/training in this regard has been subject to major changes. Hence, the educational program we set up must take into consideration the human nature and its future trends so that it would be possible to pedagogically fill up the lacunas. What we need, therefore, is a thoroughly new system of teaching and education capable of coping up with next generation technologies, which is properly explored in this paper. Hence, the paper is prepared with the following method:
- Background: the relevance and study objective of the pedagogical challenges of instructing complex energy technologies to be tested or analyzed
- Description: a brief description of the project experiment undertaken in groups supported by impact assessment
- Lessons learned: a brief description of the results of experiment and comparative didactical approach implemented
- Results and outcome achieved: specific results in summarized form with ultimate generalization of the achievements can be attained, and
- Conclusion and recommendation: rationalization of the description of the main outcomes of the study and brief statement of next steps will be considered based on the above cited criterion and methods.
We cannot talk of the new roles of teachers without talking about teachers training which the key problem of the whole educational system is. The key issues that this paper develops are various alternative techniques and remedial solutions of determining the new roles of the energy technologies instructor and the student, through which the countries professional manpower development can be enhanced.