Tender deadline: 9 November 2015 at 12.30pm (East African time)-Closed
In Kenya, the Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority (TARDA), invites interested bidders to submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI) for the development of 40MW grid connected solar power plants in Kiambere in Kitui/Embu counties and Masinga in Machakos/Embu counties, all in the Tarda region.
TARDA is a regional development authority established by an act of parliament, Cap 443 Laws of Kenya 1974 and mandated to undertake integrated regional planning, coordination of development projects and implementation of projects for the utilization of resources within the Tana and Athi Rivers Basins.
Submitting your EOI
The following documents must be submitted together with the bids:
- a) Certificate of registration/Incorporation
- b) Pin/Tax Compliance Certificates
- c) Valid and Certified audited accounts for the last 3 years
- d) List of key technical staff and their curriculum vitae
- e) Company profile
- f) Evidence of works of similar nature and magnitude over the last five years carried out by the firm with brief details of the project capacity
- g) Litigation history
Submission of the bids documents should be clearly marked with:
“Development of 40MW Grid Connected Solar Energy Generation Farms Development in Kiambere, Kitui/Embu Counties and Masinga in Machakos/Embu Counties, all in Tarda Region”
All documentation is to be sealed in a clearly marked envelope with the tender number and addressed to:
The Managing Director Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority
Queensway House, 7th Floor,Kaunda Street
P.O. Box 47309-00100
All correspondence relating to the tender documents will be in English.
The notice stresses that:
- Bidders who participated during the previous Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for proposal (RFP) and were awarded site(s) will not be required to participate unless they are interested to be considered for the new sites.
- Complete bid documents should be received on or before 9 November 2015 at 12.30pm East African time, at which they will be opened immediately in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who wish to attend at the Authority boardroom situated on the above mentioned address.
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited to submit their Request for Proposals (RFP) document for the works to be done.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more details on this tender and the tenders below, you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, we can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
- Kenya: Expression of interest for Development of a Lighting Africa project for Somalia. Deadline: 16 November 2015
- Egypt: Tenders are invited for Supply, installation and set up solar powered plant. Deadline: 9 November 2015
- South Africa: Tenders are invited for for the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the Eskom grootvlei 8mw solar photovoltaic project. Deadline: 2 December 2015