Looking for a Business Developer Executive to come aboard a team of renewable energy producers! This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to run the South African and African BD activities for a Johannesburg based company. If you have what it takes to scout out and manage new project opportunities, then keep reading!
Deadline: 30 May 2021
To be the perfect fit for this role, you will have:
- B.Sc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years experience in renewable power plant development
- 7+ years business development experience
- Additionally, experience in leading projects to financial close and handling EPC and O&M contract negotiations is non-negotiable
- You need to have a thorough understanding of renewable project development processes as well as the bid requirements for these projects to ensure your company submits competitive, compliant bids.
- You will be responsible for managing the due diligence of potential partners as well as potential wind and solar project acquisitions making it vital that you have excellent attention to detail to ensure nothing is overlooked.
- This role requires you to have the robust ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, regulators and other third parties to aid in scouting new project opportunities.
- Overall, you need to be someone who is analytical, decisive and buoyant.
B.Sc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
MBA is beneficial
4+ years experience in renewable power plant development
7+ years Business Development experience
Previous experience in REIPPP programmes in South Africa
Experience with bringing projects to a financial close, including everything in between, is a must!
Strong understanding of RE project development processes
Strong understanding of bid requirements for RE projects
Your responsibilities are made up of 4 aspects: business development, bid coordination, power plant connection to grids as well as project acquisition due diligence.
Brilliant verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to build rapport with internal and external parties
Excellent attention to detail
Strong problem-solving skills
Good planning and organisational skills
Ability to work in a team and take initiative
If you meet all the necessary requirements and have a reputation for submitting successful bids and securing Power Purchase agreements then we’d love you to apply so we can hear all about it! Click here to apply.
WHERE TO APPLY?
Applications can be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org