Tender deadline: 5 October, 2015-Closed
The West African Power Pool (WAPP) secretariat has issued an Expression of Interest notice for Consultancy Services for a Line Route and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Study on the 330 kV WAPP Nigeria— Benin Interconnection Reinforcement Project.
WAPP is a Specialised Institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), headquartered in Cotonou, Benin.
They have applied for financing from the New Partnership for Africa Development-Infrastructure Project Preparatory Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB), which will be used towards the cost of the 330 kV WAPP Nigeria –Benin Interconnection Reinforcement Project.
Interested consultancy applicants must note the following project requirements:
Line Route Study
- Proposal of Line Route corridor
- Detailed Survey and Profiling of Line Route
- Proposal of Substation Sites
- Detailed Survey of Substation Sites
- Preparation of maps and drawings
- Catalogue all eligible villages/town/communities in the Line Route Study Report describing among others, their exact power line route distance from the proposed line route/substation, population, and general geographical layout to enable the Consultant preparing the Update of Feasibility Study to make an appropriate proposal
- Close collaboration with Consultant preparing Feasibility Study and Functional Bidding Documents
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Study of Existing Environment
- Identification & Assessment of Potential Environmental Impacts
- Identification of Mitigation Measures
- Conduct Public Consultations
- Preparation of a Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
- Preparation of Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP)
- Preparation of Illustrative Materials
- Transfer of technological know-how through training of counterpart staff
Interested bidders must supply information in the form of:
- Description of similar assignments
- Experience in similar conditions
- Availability of skilled staff
Bidders may submit applications as a joint venture to strengthen their chances of qualification.
The EOI notice stressed that a separate call for EOI for a feasibility study and preparation functional bidding documents, has also been published. Bidders may only respond to one of the available EOI.
Interested bidders may obtain further information at the following address from 9:00am to 1:00pm and from 2:00pm to 5:00pm, local time.
Attention: Mr Siengui Apollinaire KI,
West African Power Pool (WAPP)
06 BP 2907
Republic of Benin
Tel: +(229) 21 37 41 95 / + (229) 2137 71 44
Fax: + (229) 21 37 41 96 / + (229) 21 37 71 43
copy to email@example.com