GO15
Featured image: Eskom

On Tuesday, the North Gauteng High Court issued a consent order, which provides, amongst others, that Brian Molefe will not attend at Eskom for purposes of performing his employment duties.

In addition, the order adds that Molefe’s Labour Court application is postponed to a date to be arranged with the Registrar of the Labour Court, on a reasonable advance notice to the Democratic Alliance (DA) and the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).

Further stating that the DA and EFF High Court applications are postponed.

In the event that Molefe is successful in his Labour Court application, the DA and/or the EFF shall, after consultation with Eskom and Molefe, be entitled to take the necessary steps to enroll the High Court application. Read more…

Brian Molefe in the news

Last week, South Africa’s Public Enterprises Minister, Lynne Brown, directed the Eskom board to rescind the reappointment of the utility’s CEO, Brian Molefe.

Addressing members of the media at a conference in Cape Town, Brown said: “We met with the Eskom board today,” she said at a media conference in Cape Town. “Collectively, looking at all the facts… I directed Eskom to rescind the decision to reappoint Mr Molefe.”

Brown delivered this decision to the Select Committee prior to her above announcement. Read more…

Applauding this decision was inter-ministerial committee convenor Justice Minister Michael Masutha, who said: “It will be in best interests in government, Eskom and the country that the Minister of Public Enterprises directs the board to rescind the re-appointment of Mr Molefe.” Read more…

 

Featured image: Eskom