Deadline date: 13 December 2018
The Ministry of Finance and Planning in Zanzibar invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the installation of solar street lighting works and landscaping and other associated works, include the following:
- Electrical works – lights, solar panels, poles, battery, controller, distribution pillars, cabling and earthing works;
- Civil works – excavation, pole base, battery chambers and improvement of median strip;
- Landscape works – trees, shrub and ground covers and pedestrian walkways.
- Experience as a specialist electrical engineering contractor, with proven past experience of not less than ten (10) years working on either of; solar street lighting, road lighting installations and associated Landscaping works and civil works.
Have also installed at least two contracts of similar nature and complexity in the last five years
- Minimum average annual turnover of TZS12,000,000,000 ($52 million) or equivalent in a freely convertible currency calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last five years.
- Minimum amount of liquid assets and/or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of TZS 2,600, 000,000 ($1,130,440) or equivalent in a freely convertible currency
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of The Project Management team (ZUSP-PMT) office, Ministry of Finance and Planning, First Floor Sea View Wing, off– Nyerere Road (Behind the High Court), Office of the Project Procurement Officer, P.O. Box 874 Vuga –Zanzibar; from 07:30 to 15:30 hours local time, Monday to Friday.
Tel: +255 024-2235128, +255 024 2231171
Fax: +255 024.2235129
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of non-refundable fee of TZS300,000 ($130) or its equivalent in freely convertible currency for each set, payable to the following account number:
Bank name: Peoples Bank of Zanzibar
Branch name: Forodhani branch
Account name: Ministry of Finance Revenue account
Account number: 021101000176
Bids must be delivered to the address given below on or before 10:00 am on Thursday 13 December 2018.
Ministry of Finance and Planning
Attention: Project Coordinator
Zanzibar Urban Services Project
P.O BOX 874
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.