The government of Togo has received a loan from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the Reform and Investment Project in the electricity sector.
It is intended to use part of the amount of this appropriation to make payments under the consultant services contract for the completion of the preliminary design studies of the regional electricity access project.
Under the project, it is planned to electrify 960 rural communities with a first phase of 300. The delegated project management is ensured by the Togolese Rural Electrification and Renewable Energies Agency.
The consulting services to be spread over a period of approximately six months include:
- The identification of technical options at lower cost;
- The elaboration of a preliminary outline, precise definition of the medium voltage (MV), low voltage (LV) network layouts and the location of the substations in the localities concerned made use of a geographical information system;
- Identification of the main technical and environmental constraints to be taken into account;
- The estimate of the investment budgets to be prepared to carry out the works;
- The mapping of localities and their respective populations (inhabitants, number of households and number of dwellings, growth rate), access roads (roads, tracks), existing and planned infrastructures can be electrified (boreholes equipped with generators and can subsequently be connected to the network or not to specify, shelling units, public buildings, health centers, hotels, etc.), the MV network (nearest existing or planned).
- The achievement of a Strategic Environmental Assessment by defining an Environmental and Social Management Plan (a plan that will identify, evaluate, and propose measures to mitigate the potential environmental and social impacts identified;
- Assistance to the principal in obtaining the letter of approval of the ESMF issued by the National Agency for Environmental Management;
- The preparation of the tender dossier.
Expressions of interest
The Energie Electrique Company of Togo invites, on behalf of the Togolese Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Agency, consulting firms eligible to express their interest in providing the services described above.
Interested consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and experience relevant to the performance of the services. The criteria for establishing the short list are:
- Qualifications of the permanent staff of the firm
- Experience in the damage of the are: mission,
- Execution of similar contracts
Consultants may join with other firms to reinforce their respective competences in the form of a solidarity group or a subcontractor agreement.
In case of grouping, all the members of the grouping will be jointly and severally liable for the contract in its entirety, if selected.
Interested consultants can obtain additional information at the address below and at the following times; 8:00am to 12:00pm and 15:00pm to 17:00pm.
Electric Energy Company of Togo
Secretariat of the Person Responsible for Public Procurement of CEET
426 Avenue MMama Fousseni; General Secretary
Lome – Togo
Tel: + 228 22 21 37 74/22 21 2744 / Fax: + 228 22 21 64 98
Written expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below (in person, by courier, by facsimile or by email) no later than 31 August 2018 at 9:00 am.
Togo Energy Company
Mr Kwami APPETI, Person in charge of Public Markets of CEET
426 Mama Fousseni Avenue, Lome – Togo
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.