The Swaziland Electricity Company Limited (SEC) intends to implement network strengthening projects in the south eastern region of Swaziland in order to improve network performance.
This initiative is also intended to meet the growing demand for electrical energy as a result of farming activity in this area.
The network strengthening project includes the construction of a 132/66/11 kV substation, 66/11 kV substation and a 132 kV switch yard.
These will be constructed at Ncandweni, Ndzevane and Sinceni respectively.
SEC requires the services of a reputable electrical supplier of the primary and secondary plant who will also be responsible for its installation and commissioning.
The objective of this tender is to procure electrical and mechanical engineering professional services for the supply, installation and commissioning of electrical equipment at the three sites mentioned above.
The scope of work required from the electrical engineering contractor is mainly divided into three activities;
- Supply electrical and structural equipment as per SEC’s provided bill of quantities. Additional items deemed necessary by design of the submitted substation layout by SEC are allowed from the contractor for comprehensive costing.
- Installation of the electrical and structural equipment with strict conformance to standards. These include but not limited to:
- Substation gantries assembly and erection
- Stringing of bus-bars including transformer and line bays conductor connections.
- Switchgear equipment and instrument transformers assembly and erection. o Cable laying and wiring (control and power cables).
- Commissioning of the installed equipment. This include:
Testing and pre-commissioning of all switchgear and instrument transformers.
Power transformers will be supplied and assembled by SEC. The testing and pre-commissioning scope will be included to the contractor.
Testing of wiring (point to point) o Final commissioning to the National Control Centre will be done together with SEC personnel.
Interested companies are required to submit their proposals with the following documents:
- Company profile
- List of similar projects
- Three reference letters from previous and / or current clients
- Composition of the team of the electrical contractor. It is necessary that the electrical contractor clarifies who the team leader is as well as the role to be played by any of the support team members.
- Curriculum vitae of key personnel
Bidders must be sent to the employer at the address below no later than 27 Aug 2018. The address is as follows:
Swaziland Electricity Company
P.O. Box 258
Tel: +268 409 4000
Facsimile: +268 409 4001
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.