The general manager of Cameroon’s power utility SONATREL solicits closed bids from eligible bidders to execute the design, supply and installation of a SCADA system.
Eligible bidders can obtain information from the Directorate-General of the National Electricity Transport Company (SONATREL) and take knowledge of the tender documents at the Execution Unit at the below address:
History of contractor
- No default in the performance of the bidder of a market in the last years since January 1, 2014;
- Not to be excluded under the terms of a Bid Security Statement under ITB Clause 4.6 or the withdrawal of the Offer or Article 19.9 IS;
- Litigation pending: The bidder’s current solvency and long-term viability in terms of financial performance and condition remain valid even in the event that the outstanding litigation is decided against the bidder.
- Legislative background: No history of systematic disputes with the bidder since January 1, 2014.
Financial situation and performance
- The bidder must show, to the satisfaction of the contracting authority, that it has the financial means to satisfy the needs of the market.
- Average annual turnover: last year (2016, 2017 and 2018) – The average annual turnover of at least 10 billion CFA Francs ($17 million)
- General experience: Experience as a contractor, subcontractor or general contractor during the last 10 years from 1st January 2009.
- Specific experience: Participation as a contractor in at least two contracts in the last 10 years from January 2009 until the deadline for submission, which were satisfied and substantially completed, and are similar to the proposed works.
- The similarity will relate to physical size, complexity, methods / technologies or other characteristics.
- The bidder will demonstrate that the competency and technical capability in the design, development (for SCADA applications and advanced functions), integration and testing devices for the commissioning and maintenance of SCADA / Functions system is lacking advanced.
- The bidder must demonstrate that they have expertise and the ability to manage the transition from Douala to Yaoundé and the migration situation to the final situation.
Environmental, Social, Safety and Health Certification (ESSH)
- The bidder must have an ISO certification or international standard equivalent
- ISO 9001 quality assurance certification (If the main components of the furnace system are not subcontracted, the corresponding subcontractor(s) must be ISO 9001 certified);
- ISO 14001 environmental management certification;
- OH hygiene, health and safety certification;
Tenders must be submitted to the General Management of the National Energy Transport Company (SONATREL), Sub-Directorate of General Administration, Third Floor CAA Building located at Boulevard du May 20 by 06 June 2019 at 1:00pm local time.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.