The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO) intends to construct the 111km Kabarnet – Rumuruti and 70km Menengai-Olkalou-Rumuruti 132kV transmission lines and substation extension at Kitale.
KETRACO invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Consulting services are required for the following works:
- Carry out detailed Social Impact studies (Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Vulnerable and Marginalised Groups Plan (VMGP) for each of the proposed transmission lines,
- Carry out detailed Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for the proposed transmission lines
KETRACO tender details
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
This may be demonstrated in the form of brochures, description of similar assignments undertaken, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate technical and managerial skills, institutional financial and technical capability etc.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Applicant firms’ competence and capability in terms of technical and managerial strength, overall technical experts’ size and mix, financial and institutional strength and good track record in the area of subject consultancy assignment;
- Satisfactory completion of at least two RAPs for High voltage overhead transmission lines, linear project or large scale infrastructure project that met the requirements of an International Financial Institution within the last eight years preferably in Kenya or in any country of similar social, economic and environmental settings, firms that will demonstrate experience in conducting at least one VMGP will have an added advantage (Relevant completion certificates and/or letters of recommendation from clients MUST be provided)
- Satisfactory completion of at least two environmental and social impact assessment studies for high voltage overhead transmission lines, linear project or large scale infrastructure project that met the requirements of an international financial institution within the last eight years preferably in Kenya or in any country of similar social, economic and environmental settings (Relevant completion certificates and/or letters of recommendation from client s MUST be provided),
- Relevance of the firm’s core business area to the assignment including general experience in the consultancy services and implementing Social and Environmental Safeguard standards. Firms that have adequate experience in either Environmental safeguards or Social safeguards but do not meet experience requirements for both, may apply as a joint venture (JV) applicant.
As indicated above, consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 17 July 2018 before 10:00 am local time.
The Company Secretary,
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
Kawi Complex, Block B,
Popo Lane, Off Red Cross Road, South C,
P.O Box 34942 – 00100,
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.