Deadline date: 01 March 2019
The government of Burkina Faso has obtained a loan from the World Bank for the financing of the Power Sector Support Project (PASEL), and intends to use part of these funds to make payments for the following works
- Lot 1: Construction of the 225kV line Pâ-Diébougou
- Lot 2: Construction of the 225kV Ziniaré – Kaya line
The execution date of the work after the notification of the service order is fourteen months maximum for each lot.
The call for tenders will be in accordance with the procedures of the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) defined in the Directives: Procurement, Works and Services (Non-Consulting Services) Procurement by Borrowers of the World Bank in IBRD Loans and Credits and Gifts, January 2011- revised July 2014.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
- Have an average business turnover during the last five (05) years (2013 to 2017) equivalent to at least $6 million for each of the spots.
- Have a credit line of $2 million for each lot.
- Have completed at least two (2) contracts of a minimum amount of $3,000,000 of the same nature and complexity comparable to the work covered by this contract during the last five (05) years, namely the construction of an electrical line of at least 132kV.
- Have an authorisation from the equipment manufacturer as well as a certificate of origin, in particular:
- Phase conductors;
- Fiber optic cable;
- Aluminum guard wire;
- Uninsulated junction boxes for CFGO;
- Anchor sleeves and alignment clamps;
- The grounding cable;
- Pylons and angles;
Candidates interested and meeting the participation criteria may obtain further information and examine tender documents at the following address:
National Electricity Company of Burkina (SONABEL)
55 Avenue de la Nation,
01 BP 54 – Ouagadougou 01- Burkina Faso Faso
Secretariat Department of Markets, 3rd floor
Tel: (+226) 25 30 61 00
Fax: (+226) 25 31 03 40
Tenders must be submitted to SONABEL at the address provided above no later than 01 March 2019 at 9:00 GMT.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.