Wednesday 27 October 2021
09h30 GMT | 10h30 London | 10h30 Lagos | 11h30 Johannesburg | 12h30 Nairobi
Duration: 60 minutes
Connectivity is crucial to the functioning of modern life. In ensuring that digital equity is realised, all invested stakeholders need to look beyond just hardware.
Stakeholders must ensure that the population has access to hardware, to the internet, to viable connection speeds and to the skills they need to effectively use it.
Understanding the importance of connected communities, especially with the changes that the pandemic has brought on, enabling access for all is now more critical than ever.
- Bringing infrastructure into all communities to ensure access
- Ensuring affordability and pricing are not barriers to access
- Identifying existing barriers and explore the technologies and models to address them
Moderator: Senior representative, Western Cape Government, South Africa
- Dr Daniel Visser, Research and Development Strategy Manager, CSIR, South Africa*
- Dr Setumo Mohapi, Chief Go to Market Officer, Dimension Data, South Africa*
- Senior Representative, SpectraNet, Nigeria*
- Dr Martyn Davies, Managing Director, Emerging Markets and Africa, Deloitte, South Africa*