Deadline date: 13 November 2018
In Tanzania, the Rural Energy Agency requires consulting services to carry out the Islands Electrification Study.
The Rural Energy Agency now invites eligible firms to express their interest in providing the services.
The consultant is expected to establish energy demand for individual islands, energy resources to service the demand and financial requirements to implement electrification projects.
Specifically, the consultant will be required to establish the following main items:
- Collect information on population of individual islands and associated economic activities that influences energy demand;
- Prepare energy demand forecast based on information gathered;
- Establish electrification plan options based on available electricity supply options and energy resources identified to service the established demand;
- Evaluate impacts on environment and general social well-being of the islands the envisaged electrification plans may cause;
- Establish islands communities’ willingness and ability of to pay for the service;
- Prepare financing requirements to implement the plan; and
- Based on (e) and (f); establish financing options that will ensure sustainability of the completed projects.
Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by submitting consultant’s profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 Government Notice No. 446 (hereinafter called Procurement Regulations).
Selection will be concluded based on the Compatibility of Technical Quality with Price Consideration selection procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations.
Interested and eligible consulting firms may obtain further information from the Office of the Secretary at the below address.
REA Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Sam Nujoma Road, P. O. Box 7990 Dar es Salaam, Telephone: +255 22 2412001-3/ Fax: +255 22 2412007, Email: email@example.com from 09:00am to 15:00pm, Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
One original and three copies of written Expression of Interests (Eol) must be delivered in sealed plain envelopes, addressed to the Secretary, REA Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Sam Nujoma Road, P. O. Box 7990 Dar es Salaam and must be delivered by hand or registered post on or before 13 November 2018 at 12:00 local time.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.