A major international player that has made a name for itself across the globe for advising and implementing projects for both private and public sectors on carbon-neutral activities is looking for an analyst for their Johannesburg office.
Deadline: 16 August 2021
Are you a natural-born problem-solver and number cruncher who loves digging deep into data and interpreting it into functional and concise information that can be leveraged for business purposes? If you are passionate about driving economies into net-zero carbon states, then this may be an opportunity for you.
In order for your application to be considered, it is also important that you have consulting experience with climate change projects. In essence, you are probably an INTP type personality with an engineering degree behind your name. You must be able to interpret the data you have analysed and put it into a comprehensible report that you can easily communicate and is easily digested by the recipient of it.
- Must have a masters degree in the Sciences or Engineering field – must be from a highly recognized institute
- MBA is highly advantageous
- Exceptional grades on your tertiary studies are highly beneficial
- 2+ years of experience working within the consulting (ideally carbon) sphere as an Analyst
- Strong understanding of the challenges of climate change within South Africa and Africa as well as solutions to such challenges is a must!!!
- Brilliant technical writing skills and highly proficient in analysis (ability to solve clients needs and win project proposals)
- Experience working on projects in both the private and public space will be beneficial
- Out of this world – analysis and research skills is NOT negotiable
- Must be client-facing
- Knowledge of carbon standards, methodologies and protocols is beneficial
- Strong MS Excel skills is not negotiable
- Able to work with a multitude of individuals from different teams as well as being able to work with stakeholders and sub-contractors
- Excellent climate change knowledge
- Must have experience using quantitative analysis software
- Ability to speak French and Portuguese is highly beneficial
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in the carbon, energy access and energy policy market along with experience working with clients in the transport, agri, and built environments space. You must also be willing to travel internationally. If you are ready to grow your career with one of the most successful carbon advisory companies globally – this is it.
Apply here for this career opportunity.