Tender deadline: 17 December, 2015
On the East coast of Africa in the Seychelles, the ministry of environment , energy and climate change through the Seychelles Energy Commission (SEC), has issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for interested bidders to qualify themselves for a future tender to secure an Independent Power Producer (IPP) for a solar PV plant.
The objective of the project is to provide a more environmentally friendly alternative for the existing fossil fuel generation on the Island.
In addition, the solar PV plant will contribute a renewable energy source that supplies reliable electricity to the Island grid at a competitive rate.
Strengthening distribution line
Earlier this month, the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa in collaboration with the Saudi Fund for Development, signed a $31 million loan agreement for the improvement of the island’s electricity distribution network.
According to local media, the loan will assist the Indian Ocean island nation’s Public Utilities Corporation (PUC) to implement a 33KV transmission and distribution electricity network for the southern region of the main island of Mahé.
Interested bidders should have the ability to design, build, operate, and maintain solar PV systems. Respondents are required to submit a Prequalification Form along with all relevant Statements of Qualifications (SOQ).
Information about the project and a complete Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Terms of Reference package can be obtained during work hours by contacting:
Mrs Cynthia Alexander, at Seychelles Energy Commission, Palm Street, Victoria
Tel: +248 4610 824
Submissions should be clearly marked: “Request for Qualifications – IPP Solar Seychelles” and be sent to either of the below contacts:
- Theodore Marguerite, MEECC – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Alexander, SEC – email@example.com
- Daniel Schoborg, DNV – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or in a sealed envelope at the Seychelles Energy Commission Office for the attention of: Mr Tony Imaduwa, Chief Executive Officer, Seychelles Energy Commission, Room 307, 3rd Floor, Block B, Unity House, PO Box 1488, Victoria
Subscribe to tenders service
For more details on this tender and the tenders below, you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, we can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
- Uganda: Supply and installation of hybrid power equipment components for Buwaya station. Deadline: 08 January 2016.
- Kenya: Supply, delivery, installation and commissioning of equipment for Kaimosi Mini Hydro Power Plant. Deadline: 16 December 2015.
- Morocco: Supply, installation and commissioning of a Photovoltaic Solar Roof. Deadline: 08 December 2015.