Tender deadline: 10 September 2015, 10:00am
The Benin Electric Energy Company has issued a pre-qualification notice for the design, supply, installation, operation and maintenance of a 120MW thermal power plant on the site of Maria Gleta.
The contract will be funded jointly by the West African Development Bank and the Islamic Development Bank.
Interested bidders can tender for a single Lot or for both:
- Lot 1: Design, supply and installation of a thermal power engine dual fuel (gas HFO) 120MW
- Lot 2: Operation and maintenance of a thermal power engine dual fuel (gas HFO) 120MW
Benin incorporates green technology
In March, the government of Benin partnered with the US aid agency the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and were seeking proposals to develop solar and renewable power projects in the West African country.
The partnership was inviting grants of between $100,000 (ZAR1 million) to $5 million (ZAR59 million) for projects which include:
- residential generation and storage
- pay-as-you-go solar PV kits
- community-level mini-grids
- systems that support public infrastructure (pumping stations and medical facilities)
Benin imports electricity from Ghana and Nigeria. An agreement was signed with Togo and Ghana in 1967 under which Benin receives low-cost electricity from the Akosombo hydroelectric dam on the Volta River in Ghana. Benin also imports electricity from Nigeria through the CEB-NEPA power interconnection that was commissioned in 2007.
Want to obtain more information on the tender?
Interested bidders may obtain the prequalification documentation on submission of written request to the below address. A non-refundable fee of CFA franc 250,000 ($416) is to be paid upon collection of the document.
Secretariat of the Person Responsible for Public Procurement of the Directorate General of SBEE
Based in Ganhi, the Governor General PONTY Avenue, facing the Atlantic and Littoral Province
PO BOX 01BP 123 Cotonou, Republic of Benin
Phone: (+229) 21 31 21 45
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting the tender
All applications must be enclosed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked with the following:
- Address as indicated above, and
- “Prequalification Application form for the construction of a thermal power plant engine dual fuel (gas – HFO) 120MW on the site of Maria Gleta Benin. To be opened only session.”
The application forms must include one original and three copies in French. An electronic copy of the documentation is to be saved on a CD in either Microsoft Word or Excel format.
Applications are required to be submitted by 10 September 2015, 10:00am. Anything received thereafter will not be accepted.
- Uganda: Provision for connection of small hydropower plants to the national grid and the expansion of the existing overhead line network. Deadline: 21 August 2015
- Nigeria: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Engagement of Technical Auditor for System Operation (SO) and Market Operation (MO) Divisions of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN). Deadline: 29 July 2015
- Nigeria: Tenders are invited for the Public Display Exercise on the Environmental Impact Assessment of the Proposed 500MW Gas Fired Power Plant at Ajaokuta Local Government Area, Kogi State. Deadline: 06 August 2015