Location – Cape Town, South Africa
Job type – Full-time
Salary – R360K – R420K CTC per annum
Contact name – Ashley Brenna
Are you a ‘hybrid’ between an off the charts Sales Representative and an Electrical Engineer? A global renewables firm is looking for a Technical Sales Representative who is 100% client facing and is able to use their technical know-how of PV installations and brilliant communication skills to close high-quality sales deals.
As a Technical Sales Representative, this role will require you to have a technical understanding of your clients’ needs in the EPC and installation environment coupled with a strong sales experience with Tier 1 PV products. With this robust foundation of experience under your belt, you will be able to formulate intelligent sales pitches that enable you to sell product solutions to the companies who know how best to design, engineer and construct PV systems. In this sense, you will be fully knowledgeable of the components which make up an installation and able to advise on optimal solutions.
You will be a professional with a zest for life and cleantech innovation, you will show an ability to understand the buyer as well as the market in which they sit. To embody the perfect fit for this role, you will be an energetic and dynamic professional willing to work amongst a young driven team while constantly striving to beat your previous sales targets.
It goes without saying that as a Technical Sales Representative, you will have a competitive nature, constantly checking your stats and wanting to improve in your career. This is the type of company that rewards its sales team for the revenue they generate not only in a monitory sense but also in your career growth within the firm.
With excellent communication skills, your main responsibilities will include upselling to current clients, checking in on them, staying abreast of new product offerings as well as hunting down new clients. If you are going to succeed in this role you will need to have experience selling brands and products such as Tesla Powerwalls, Eaton batteries, UPS systems, Goodware, SolarEdge, Canadian Solar, JA Solar, and LONGi and SOLARA inverters. Ideally, you will be able to leverage your already established network within the Western Cape’s EPC and installer environment.
To qualify for this role, you will have a mechatronic or electrical engineering qualification and relevant experience in the field. As an external-facing salesperson, you will be required to travel extensively across the Western Cape for 80% of your workweek, achieving over 5 quality sales calls every day (yes – this KPI requires a financial transaction at the end of it).
Since you will be based in Cape Town, the ability to fluently communicate in Afrikaans will be highly beneficial. You will work closely with your internal sales team members to get deals over the line and drive your sales pipeline. You can expect that when you perform consistently you will be creating an opportunity for yourself to become a Business Developer for the firm.
If you think you have the dynamic sales drive that the client is looking for, as well as proven experience exceeding sales targets for a renewable energy distributor, then apply for this job! You don’t want to miss out on joining this well-established firm that have a fun and energetic culture while constantly striving to improve and care for their team!
A qualification in electrical / mechatronic engineering (or sales related)
- Must have proven experience exceeding sales targets and have worked for a distributor, supplier or OEM in the solar space
- Having worked in an EPC environment is beneficial
- You must have extensive networks with renewable energy EPC’s and installers
- You should have working knowledge of solar PV systems – able to make recommendations on products for clients (generally engineers)
- Your key responsibilities as the Technical Sales Representative will be to develop new and maintain existing EPC and installer client portfolios.
- You will visit customers on a regular basis and maintain effective relationships with them – able to advise which product solutions are best suited to their PV systems.
- Most importantly, your job will require you to manage and avert any sales problems and ensure customer satisfaction at all times. This role has strict KPI’s so you need to be able to meet your sales targets consistently.
- You will be computer literate with strong Microsoft office, CRM and ERP skills
- A strong sales focus will ensure you enjoy driving and visiting clients for 80% of the week
- Great communication skills with fluency in English and Afrikaans is non-negotiable
- You must be able to sell ice to an Eskimo and foster strong proven relationships with your clients
Click here to apply