A leading renewable power producer in Cape Town is seeking a senior electrical engineer to join their team. This is your chance to support the development and operations of renewable energy projects as well as supervise and guide all matters towards delivering technical compliant projects.
Deadline: 13 August 2021
As a senior electrical engineer, it is vital that you are analytically inclined, able to work independently and use your initiative as well as have a thorough knowledge of energy generation project contracts. Your communication skills need to be great as you will work with various members of different leadership levels.
Your responsibilities will include providing technical advice from development through to O&M and improvements and optimizations of operating systems, providing support to projects and business development, as well as providing support to the operations and maintenance function. Additionally, this role will require you to travel internationally.
If you are someone who can work in an open-plan environment and will thrive in this role, then we want to hear from you!
- Degree in Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Masters degree in Engineering is beneficial
- Project Management Certificate is beneficial
- Professional Registration with ECSA or in the process of registering
- 6+ years experience in electrical or electro-mechanical engineering
- 3+ years experience in the renewable energy space
- 3+ years project environment experience
- 3+ years experience with distribution and reticulation design
- Thorough knowledge of energy generation project contracts
- Previous experience in utility-scale PV project design and execution is beneficial
Your responsibilities include supporting project/business development, providing support to the structuring phases of projects, providing support to projects in delivery and execution, and provide support to the O&M function.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Analytically inclined
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office proficient, with experience with PVSyst modeling and AutoCAD
- Ability to speak German, French, or Spanish is highly beneficial!!
- Driver’s license
Where to apply?
Applications can be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org