An exciting opportunity for a deputy head of project development to join a team of leaders in the renewable energy industry.
Deadline: 13 August 2021
It is vital that you are someone with robust knowledge of project and corporate finance concepts as well as a strong commercial mindset. Your ability to effectively spread yourself amongst multiple projects will be proven essential when needing to effectively manage various projects to ensure all deadline and budget demands are met.
Your tight network within South Africa’s renewable energy sector will add to your success in this role.
As the Deputy Head of Project Development, you will need to have a thorough understanding of the renewable energy sector, KPIs, its drivers and decision processes.
In this role, your responsibilities will include supporting the HOD with managing the department, supporting department members with contract negotiations for various opportunities, consolidating PD and BD activities, and managing the structuring of transactions while working closely with various project team members.
Additionally, you will be required to travel to project sites in Africa, as well as travel internationally to the company’s headquarters when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s in Engineering is beneficial
- 3+ years experience within South Africa’s Renewable Energy Project Development sector
- Financial modelling experience is beneficial
- Proven track record in the closure of Project Sales Agreements
- Previous experience managing large technical teams
- Good knowledge of Project and Corporate Finance concepts
- Robust understanding of the renewable energy industry
Your responsibilities will include supporting the HOD with managing the department, developing and refining the department’s strategies, overseeing the structure of transactions while coordinating with project team members, continuously seeking and developing mechanisms to improve team efficiency, and coordinating aspects of the deal closing process.
- Ability to effectively spread yourself amongst various projects
- Excellent managerial skills
- Outstanding negotiation as well as communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
Where to apply?
Applications can be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org