If you have your electrical engineering degree and have 9+ years’ of hands-on site experience for off-grid or hybrid solar PV projects, you could be the ideal candidate to join a massive international brand which specialises in developing and constructing large PV power plants.
They are looking for an Electrical Supervisor who can ensure that their off-grid and hybrid projects are constructed and commissioned without any electrical hitches.
AltGen’s client is looking for a professional who focuses on each aspect of a project’s electrical works, for the plant to successfully be commissioned and produce an impressive yield. This includes ensuring precision during electrical installation activities (MV and HV), a focus on quality as well as matters pertaining to health and safety… to name a few.
They want a professional who has a sharp eye for detail and can mitigate risks through their holistic approach to managing installation teams and ensuring that the construction phases go according to schedule, contractual obligations set out in the Lease Agreement and as per the overall technical standards expected by the firm.
You will not only be adding value through your sublime understanding of electrical works, but you will play a part in advising where needed on project designs as well verifications prior to commissioning. Part of your responsibilities will include ensuring that the team have all the tools and equipment to effectively deliver on their objectives and that all relevant documentation is prepared, certified and recorded.
They are looking for an Electrical Supervisor with a depth of experience on-site managing teams. A professional who knows how to foster a team environment with clear objectives and a strict output regarding expected quality standards. If you have 200MW project experience under your belt and you know all about off-grid and hybrid installations – this opportunity is for you!
Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have 9+ years of experience working with off-grid technologies complimenting solar PV projects over 5MW as well as managing large installation teams
- Must have 5+ years’ experience managing subbies
- Must have electrical installation experience for solar PV and energy storage systems – NON-NEGOTIABLE!
- Oversee all electrical works for project installations from construction through to commissioning
- Assist with onboarding the right talent to the team and upskilling where appropriate
- Must handle all documentation and schedules pertaining to the project sites – ensuring all paperwork is seen to
- Extensive travel across South Africa and the African continent
- Ability to speak additional languages such as German, French and Portuguese is highly advantages
- Applicable software such as AutoCAD, PVSyst etc
Click here to apply.