Location – Cape Town, South Africa
Job type – Full-time
Salary – R650K – R850K CTC per annum
Start date – ASAP
Contact name – Robert Veith
An international consulting firm is looking for a skilled Pr.Eng who wants to take their career to new heights. This consultancy is a global force to be reckoned with, constantly working on new and exciting projects across various territories.
Although the global team boasts over 15,000 employees, the cross-country teams work closely to deliver on their mandates, ensuring that the best in-house skills are utilised. Now they need an energetic Electrical Engineering Consultant (PrEng) to join the team, someone who is driven to succeed and sees the value in growing their career with the firm.
If you are the perfect professional for the role you will have your Pr.Eng and an Electrical Engineering degree behind you. You will have 4 plus years of experience working in a planning, development and advisory space… specifically on large renewable energy projects. If you are someone who is able to effectively manage your internal teams using brilliant leadership and organisational skills, then you are the perfect fit for this role!
The company wants someone who can handle all aspects of electrical engineering design and project management for projects they plan to bid on going forward, technologies pertaining to wind and photovoltaics – be it utility or large scale mini-grids. Quality is ingrained in each team members’ nature and is the backbone of the firm’s success. They do not look for work, projects come to them due to the brand that they have established over the years. They are engineers who share a common vision and values. They are honourable and socially aware, ethical and proud.
If you feel like this firm’s culture and the opportunity is speaking to you then keep reading. They are looking for a forward thinker, an Engineer who is able to spot opportunities and is commercially minded, who understands where to drive activities for the growth of the firm. This is the type of personality that will see you grow within the firm. When it comes to the nitty-gritty on a technical perspective – you will have experience in energy, power transmission, distribution and the designs to which bring these concepts to life. Simple.
B.Eng or B.Tech in Electrical engineering
- Must have a depth of experience using CAD software – this will be where you spend most of your time
- Experience in project planning and management, feasibility studies, concept design development and preparation of technical specifications for tender documentation (roughly 4 years’ experience)
- Strong technical report writing skills as well as the ability to review reports with a scrutinizing eye for detail
- Proven experience compiling and submitting bids with tight deadlines and receiving preferred bidder status – This is key!
- Experience in high-level technical engineering design for projects in solar, energy storage and wind
- Experience managing internal teams
Must be a registered PrEng or PrTech
- Responsible for all high-level renewable energy IPP project designs
- Highly skilled using CAD software
Click here to apply