In South Africa, the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality seeks to appoint a panel of two service providers for water and electricity monthly meter readings and disconnection/reconnection over a period of 36 months.
Bidding documents can be obtained at www.stlm.gov.za or can also be collected in person on the below address:
Ms Rose Kalies, Department of the Director Legal and Administration,
Room B217, Municipal Building
A compulsory clarification meeting will held as follows:
Date: 18 April 2018
Venue: Room C117,Finance Boardroom, CNR Walter Sisulu & Wanderes Avenue
- B-BBEE level 1-3 certifte. Bidders shall sub-contract a minimum of 30% to ANN EME or QSE which is at least 51% owned by black people living in rural or under developed areas or townships
Points: 80 points will be allocated in respect of price and 20 points in respect of B-BBEE status level of contribution. Bidders will be evaluated on functionality whereby 70 points has to be attained before financial proposals can be looked at.
- If local content is applicable: only locally produced or manufactured goods, meeting the stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content, will be considered in line with regulation 8 (2) of the municipal supply chain management regulations and National Treasury circular 69.
A sworn affidavit for exempted micro enterprises or qualifying (accessible from http://www.dti.gov.za) must be attached.
A tender that fails to meet this pre-qualifying criteria stipulated in an unacceptable tender.
No awards will be made to a person:
– Who is in the service of the state
– If that person is not a natural person, of which any director, manager, principal shareholder or stakeholder is a person in the service of the state
– Or who is an advisor or consultant contracted with the municipality or municipal entity
For more information about this tender, bidders can contact 013 249 7311.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.