Tender deadline: 15 January, 12:00pm
In South Africa, the Mossel Bay municipality has issued a notice calling interested bidders with a CIDB grading of 2 EP or higher for the design, installation, and commissioning of a 10kWp rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) system. The system will be installed on the roof of the municipality’s technical services building.
Tender application process
The notice stipulates that a set of fully completed tender documents must be submitted on the original documents and remain valid for 90 days after the closing date of the tender.
Enquiries about the tender can be addressed to Jako Fourie of Element Consulting Engineers telephone (044) 884-1138 or e-mail email@example.com.
A set of tender documents can be obtained for a non-refundable fee of ZAR367 including VAT.
Tender documents can only be obtained at the compulsory site meeting, which will take place at 11h00 on Wednesday, 9 December 2015 at the Directorate: Technical Services, George Road, Mossel Bay.
All partners of a joint venture must attend this compulsory meeting.
Documents will only be released upon receipt of payment. Payments must be made by a crossed cheque to the Mossel Bay Municipality.
Tender documents must be reserved by no later than 12h00 on Monday, 7 December 2015 from Element Consulting Engineers at (044) 884-1138.
Please note: “The Municipality prefer that Senior Company Staff members or Contract Managers attend the compulsory site meeting as the Scope of Works, the Design and the Tender Specifications will be discussed in detail along with the Execution phase expectations and possible amendments. It remains the Bidder’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with and fully understand the tender specifications to be able to submit a responsive tender.”
Submitting your tender
Tenders must be placed in a sealed envelope and placed in the tender box on the Lower Ground floor (seaside) at the Mossel Bay Municipality Main Building, 101 Marsh Street, Mossel Bay by not later than 12h00 on Friday, 15 January 2016.
Alternatively, they can be mailed to the Tender Box before the specified closing date and time:
Mossel Bay Municipality,
PO Box 25, Mossel Bay,
The envelopes must be endorsed clearly with the number, title and closing date of the tender as above.
Bids will be pre-evaluated on the following criteria and bids that score less than 80 out of 100 points will be considered as not responsive:-
Pre-evaluation criteria and weight:
- Establishment nature of the company carrying a weight of 30 points
- Relevant and similar experience carrying a weight of 30 points
- Relevant references for project with similar value carrying a weight of maximum 10 points
- Experience of contracts manager carrying a weight of 10 points
- Qualifications of contracts manager carrying a weight of 5 points
- Experience of contracts site agent carrying a weight of 10 points
- Qualifications of site agent carrying a weight of 5 points
Responsive bids will then be evaluated on the 80/20 Preference Points system as prescribed by the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2011.
Receipts will be issued on request only for tenders handed in during office hours from Mondays to Fridays. Receipts will not be issued for tenders placed in the tender box after hours or which are received by mail.
No late bids will be accepted.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more details on this tender and the tenders below, you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, we can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
- Kenya: Pre-qualification bids are invited for Supply and Service of Power Generators & Solar Power. Deadline: 18 December 2015.
- Seychelles: Seeking an IPP for development of a solar PV plant. Deadline: 17 December 2015.
- Egypt: Consulting service needed for implementation of a 20MW turnkey solar PV plant. Deadline: 22 December 2015.