Under the co-patronage of the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy and the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Cooperation, Senegal, the ‘Regional Energy Summit: West Africa’ will be held from 2-3 December 2019 in Dakar.
As the first conference in West Africa to receive the co-patronage, it comes at an important time as Senegal becomes one of Africa’s fastest growing economies and demand for reliable electricity increases significantly.
“The 4th edition of the Regional Energy Summit: West considers the role of energy in industrialising the region, creating jobs, developing local content, and nurturing industrial fabrics and opportunities. We look forward to welcoming our longstanding partners and friends in Dakar for this exciting edition.” Natacha Girard, Programme Manager, EnergyNet.
The Summit has confirmed the participation of seven ministries of energy to join these high-level discussions including:
- H.E. Honourable Mouhamadou Makhtar Cissé, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Senegal
- H.E Honourable Amadou Hott, Minister of Economy, Planning and Cooperation, Senegal
- H.E. Honourable Saleh Mamman, Minister of Power, Nigeria
- H.E. Honourable Bachir Ismael Ouedraogo, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
- H.E Honourable Gesler Murray, Minister of Mines and Energy, Liberia
- H.E Honourable Alexandre Dias Monteiro, Minister of Industry Trade and Energy, Cape Verde
- H.E Honourable Mohammed Ghazali, Secretary General, Ministry of Energy, Mines & Sustainable Development, Morocco
Official endorsing partners of the Summit include APUA, ANER, SENELEC, REA, CRSE alongside Exhibition Sponsor Kaifa, Strategic Partners Fieldstone Africa and DLA Piper, Sponsors Lekela, Power Africa, FONSIS and Scatec Solar, Supporting Partners USTDA, Dii and Themis and Exhibitor EKOS ENERGIE.
For more information about this meeting:
Contact: Fiona Gleeson– Marketing Manager
Event dates: 2-3 December 2019
Event location: King Fahd Hotel, Dakar
Organisers: EnergyNet, Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 7384 8240