Deadline date: 13 December 2018
The GEDAP Secretariat invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the design, supply and installation of mini-grid electrification for Ada East District of the Greater Accra Region.
To be eligible for award of contract, bidders shall provide satisfactory evidence to the employer of their eligibility and of their capability and adequacy of resources to carry out the contract effectively.
To this end, all bids submitted shall include the following:
- Copies of original documents defining the constitution of legal status, place of registration and principal place of business of the company or firm.
- Details of the experience and past performance of the bidder on works of similar nature in the past five years, and details of current work in hand and other contractual commitments.
- Major items of constructional plant proposed for use in carrying out the contract.
- The qualifications and experience of key personnel proposed for administration and execution of the contract, both on and offsite.
- Proposals for subcontracting elements of the works amounting to more than 10% of the bid prices for each element.
- Reports on the financial standing of the bidder such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets and auditor’s reports for the past three years, and an authority from the bidder to seek references from the bidder’s bankers and information regarding any current litigation in which the bidder is involved.
Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in internationally recognised "Procurement Regulations" and is open to all eligible bidders.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding document during office hours 09:00 to 16:00 hours at the address given below:
The Project Coordinator
Ministry of Energy Annex, Room 129A, 1st Floor
State Enterprises Commission Building, Ministries, Accra
Pension Drive Road, Pyramid Close, near SSNIT Pension House,
Tel: +233-(0)302 904468
The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of $250 (for foreign bidders) or GHS1,130 (for local bidders).
The method of payment will be by cash for local bidders’ and wire transfer for foreign bidders.
The document may be collected by hand at the address above for local bidders and sent by email to foreign bidders upon receipt of payment to:
Account name: Ghana Energy Development and Access Project
Account number: 1134454989702
Bank name and address: Ecobank Ghana Limited, Head Office, Ridge, Accra, Ghana
Swift code: ECOCGHAC
Branch: Reinsurance House
Correspondent Bank: CitiBank N.A., 111 Wall Street, New York N.Y. 10043, USA
Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10:00 hours on 13 December 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
All bids must be accompanied by a bank bid security in an amount of $50,000.
The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Energy
2nd Floor, Conference Room 210
Ministries (near SSNIT Pension House)
P O Box SD 40, Accra
Attn: The Project Coordinator (GEDAP)
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.