The government of Cameroon has obtained a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), for the financing of the Electricity Transmission and Sector Reform Network (PRRTERS) Retrofit Project.
Government intends to use part of the amount of make payments for the following contract: Recruitment of a consultant to carry out feasibility studies for the Project of rural electrification and energy access in the regions served by PERACE-RSE.
The implementation of this project is part of the implementation of the Master Plan for Rural Electrification (PDER) whose objective is to enable access to electricity to almost all Cameroonians by 2035.
The implementation of this project will enable:
- The electrification of 156,000 new subscribers in 1,000 to 1,200 rural communities in the northern part of the country
- And the strengthening of existing HTB / HTA / BT networks to absorb the load increase on the grid.
The successful consultant will be required to complete the preliminary design, detailed pre-project studies and develop the bidding documents for the grid extension electrification for the first five years of the PDER, in Eastern, North western, Western, Southern and South western Regions.
The PRRSER invites the eligible consulting firms and manifest their interest in the realisation of these benefits.
Internal consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and experience relevant to the performance of such services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The criteria for the establishment of the restricted list are:
- General experience of the firm in carrying out preliminary engineering studies of infrastructure projects in the energy sector;
- Specific experience of the firm in the execution of the missions in the field of the realisation of the feasibility studies, preliminary design and detailed preliminary project of the distribution works;
- Exceeds the specificity of the firm in the preparation of bidding documents for the selection of companies for the execution of electricity distribution works.
Consultants may associate with other firms to strengthen their respective skills in the form of a joint venture or sub-contractor agreement.
Interested consultants may obtain additional information at the address below and at the following times: 9:00am to 15:30pm, local time.
Written expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below in person or by e-mail followed by an acknowledgment of receipt no later than 15 June 2018, at 13:00pm, with the following note:
Demonstration of interest for the “Recruitment of a consultant to carry out feasibility studies for the implementation of the Rural Electrification and Access to Energy Project in the Regions served by the Sud Interconnected Network and the Eastern Network”. (PERACE-CSR).”
Address: Execution Unit of the Electricity Transmission and Sector Reform Network (PRRTERS) Upgrading Project Located at the INTEK Building, Front Ministry of Public Procurement, First Floor
Tel: (+237) 677 751 221
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.