Between the 8 and 10 June this year, Enlit Africa hosted a digital event in which we examined the role of the 5ds – digitalisation, decarbonisation, decentralisation, democratisation and deregulation – of the energy transition in Africa.
In part one of the series, we share some of the comments and discussions from our keynote panel.
Tackling the 5Ds of the energy transition – a global initiative.. with a local flavour:
- Technology, policy, funding – what roles do each of these play?
- How do we support both a future forward transition that is also just?
- Does Africa’s energy transition have to follow the same trajectory as the rest of the world?
- Can we be trend setters in our own right?
- The opportunities of the energy transition for Africa
In this podcast you will hear from:
- Advocate Thabo Mokoena, Director General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
- Sabine Dal’Omo, CEO, Siemens South Africa
- Abel Tella, Secretary General, APUA
- Max Jarrett, Africa Programme Manager, IEA
- Panel discussion moderator: Fifi Peters, broadcaster and reporter
Other podcasts you may like to listen to:
Podcast: Digitalisation’s role in the utility of the future
Collaborating to deliver energy to underserved communities