The first year of the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) Women in Wind Global Leadership Programme, has selected eight participants from 85 applications from all over the world.
An indication of where these applications came from is in the graphic below, highlighting the emerging markets for wind power worldwide.
The mentors were chosen for their track record of leadership, commitment to pushing the needle on gender diversity and recognised knowledge of the wind sector. Read more; Women in Energy: She moved her cheese to tackle electrical losses
"We also sought to make thoughtful and suitable matches to our participants, based on shared areas of interest and expertise," GWEC said.
- Anna Diedrichkeit, Product Management / Staff Manager for Strategy, Technology Centre, GE Renewable Energy
- Emma Pinchbeck, Deputy CEO, RenewableUK
- Lucy Craig, VP and Director, Technology and Innovation, DNV
- Maria Fernanda Locarnini, Commercial Director, Argentina, GE Renewable Energy
- Mary Thorogood, Senior Specialist, Strategy, Business Development and Government Relations, MHI Vestas
- Mary Quaney, CFO, Mainstream Renewable Power
- Sarah Barber, Program Leader Wind Energy, HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil
- Tebogo Movundlela, CEO, Aurora Wind Power