Host utility interview
Andre de Ruyter, Group Chief Executive, Eskom, South Africa
Back to business: Where are the opportunities?
A running theme across 2020 discussions is the unlocking of opportunities in the African power and energy sector. We look at how Africa is transitioning and the associated business opportunities. The conversation will acknowledge Andre de Ruyter’s interview and address:
- How is the rise in off-grid and/or mini-grid solutions changing Africa’s energy access? How has Africa’s energy access been impacted by COVID-19?
- Private sector participation models in the electricity transmission sector: how are these evolving and what does the next generation model look like?
- What is the future for independent power producers and generation as a whole?
Fifi Peters |Presenter and Financial Journalist, CNBC Africa, South Africa
- John M. Mativo| Ag. General Manager, Project Development Services Directorate, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, Kenya
- Lisa Pinsley |Head of Africa, Energy Infrastructure, Actis, South Africa
- David Ashdown | Managing Director, Clarion Events Africa, South Africa
- Chanelle Hingston |Group Director: Power & Energy Africa , Clarion Energy, South Africa
Digital Energy Festival
The following sessions are still available to watch on demand as part of the Digital Energy Festival for Africa:
The Digital Energy Festival for Africa in 2020 was hosted jointly by four of Clarion Events’ leading energy brands Africa Energy Forum, African Utility Week & POWERGEN Africa (now Enlit Africa) and the Oil & Gas Council’s Africa Assembly and the leading energy journal ESI Africa providing six weeks of compelling content.