The United States Energy Association (USEA) is inviting prospective organisations or individuals through this Request for Proposal (RFP) to submit proposals for a consultancy on the present conceptual and numerical models of the Olkaria geothermal field in Kenya.
The aim is to advise on the accuracy of the models and to identify areas of improvement.
This is an activity implemented by USEA, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) as part of the Power Africa Initiative.
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit proposals from various candidate organisations, conduct a fair evaluation, and select the organisation deemed most suitable to conduct the consultancy.
The final report from this consultancy must be submitted to and approved by USEA no later than September 14, 2018. Read more: Kenya looks into large-scale geothermal power generation
The following deliverables are anticipated:
- Conduct on-site assessment in Kenya for up to ten (10) working business days;
- Final report to include the following:
- Summary of meetings and communication with KenGen staff;
- Summary of major strengths and weakness of the current models for the Olkaria geothermal reservoir;
- Recommendations for areas of improvement in the models;
- Guidance on identified topics of interest for improvement;
- Recommendations for additional training or assistance as appropriate.
USEA will be responsible for all logistical arrangements, including:
- All travel related logistics and costs for the consultant(s), in compliance with Fly America Act and the Federal Travel Regulations; this includes:
- Roundtrip economy airfare;
- Meals and Incidental Expenses stipend, calculated according to the Federal Travel Regulations, and using U.S. Department of State rates;
- Visa costs;
- Airport transfers;
- Health and accident coverage.
- Meeting venue.
The proposal must contain the following:
- A cover letter to the proposal;
- A technical proposal, including:
- Proposed work plan and methodology;
- Description of past work on conceptual and numerical reservoir modeling;
- A timeline for this consultancy, including proposed travel dates.
- A financial proposal, including:
- Detailed justification (i.e. line item budget);
- Labor, other direct costs, indirect costs, and level of effort for each employee proposed for this project.
- Short CVs/bio sketches of all proposed consultants;
- Summary of the work to be performed by each employee proposed for this project;
- Company/ organization Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and confirmation of current status in the System of Award Management (SAM);
- Completed USAID Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet forms for each employee proposed for this project (https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17).
Closing date of RFP: Friday, June 1, 2018. Proposals are due by 17:00 hours EST of the closing date.
For all questions and clarification requests please contact Ms. Caity Smith, Senior Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 25, 2018.