Location – Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire
Salary – $250K – $300K CTC per annum
Start date – ASAP
Contact name – Wiehahn De Jager
Recruitment agency AltGen is on the hunt of a strategic and intellectual Head of Investments to drive revenue streams across their client’s West African portfolio.
The ideal candidate who will find themselves joining the team of an esteemed investment management brand which operates primarily across the African continent will have proven experience operating in the equity investment field, with particular focus on infrastructure relevant deals as well as equity stakes in companies.
This once in a lifetime opportunity provides the successful applicant with exceptional growth potential within the company and in turn c-suite leadership responsibilities. Your goal will be to develop the West African portfolio of the firm by working closely with the senior investment team as well as spearheading fund-fit renewable energy deals across the francophone region.
Your 10+ years of relevant experience is not negotiable to the client – we are looking for an exceptional leader who can get the job done without breaking a sweat. You must have proven experience concluding the full life cycle of a deal; from deal origination to the necessary due diligence right through to handling and implementing the entire process and requirements pertaining to transaction agreements.
Many of the investments will not require complete funding, so the right professional for this role will understand and be able to intelligently structure and advise potential clients with bespoke investment solutions. You are an Investment Head who can close deals over the value of $10 million without having to rely on your team to develop innovate structures for you to do so. Your 10+ years of experience is directly related to major renewable energy infrastructure projects, and you are embedded with insight and networks throughout the West African region.
Not only will you find yourself managing the portfolios and ensuring risk mitigation is seen to, but will also be managing your West African team – which requires a level five leader. Someone who can inspire and promote excellence within the team, constantly growing like-minded individuals to succeed and promote the brand. You do not settle for mediocre and you encourage a forward-thinking culture within the team.
This brilliant career opportunity allows you to leverage your knowledge and experience facilitating co-investments with your established networks as well as facilitate growth for the firm through the development of investment strategies and execution plans. Your financial modelling, negotiation, problem analysis and problem-solving skills will play a pivotal role in your deliverables ensuring that deals cross the line. You will be an expert in project finance particularly with industry experience that comes from the EPC and O&M environment, able to navigate PPA contractual obligations flawlessly. Credit enhancement and MIGA type products which enhance bankability are not new to you.
We are looking for a diamond in the rough, is this you? If so, apply!
- Must have a financial or engineering degree
- Ideally have an MBA
- CFA qualification is preferred
- Proven experience closing transactions relevant to both projects and companies in the green energy space.
- Deals over $10 million in renewable energy infrastructure projects is NON-NEGOTIABLE!
- 10+ years’ experience within renewable energy project finance and development – specific to West Africa
- Must be willing to jet-set extensively across Africa and internationally
- You will be heading up the West African infrastructure portfolio, including completing the full life-cycle for new investments all the while managing a team
- You will also oversee all existing investments in the region
- Must be IT savvy, non-negotiable
- French and English written and verbal communication skills is non-negotiable – persuasive business dialogue…
Click here to apply