Financing the African energy transition
Finance, investment and strategy is your starting point for delivering on Africa’s commitment to economic growth, energy access, climate change mitigation and more. In this podcast our speakers will address the current financial landscape and discuss how to deliver on the energy transition the continent needs.
- Where will the necessary funding come from?
- How do we make Africa’s internal financial markets more robust and shock-resistant?
- What can governments do to incentivise investment that will facilitate the energy transition?
- Of the 5Ds of the energy transition (Decarbonisation, Decentralisation, Democratisation, Digitalisation, Deregulation), which needs most investment?
Claire Volkwyn, Head of content, Enlit Africa, South Africa
- Gillian-Alexandre Huart, CEO, ENGIE Energy Access, Belgium
- Mandy Rambharos, GM: Just Energy Transition Office, Eskom, South Africa
- Ashish Khanna, Practice Manager: West and Central Africa, World Bank, USA
- Ashish Kumar, Head of Innovation, Shell Foundation, United Kingdom
- Emeka Wosu, Business Development Director – Africa, Longi Solar, South Africa