The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) is seeking the services of a transaction advisor for the mobilisation of funds for women-owned energy businesses in West Africa.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 17 December 2020, 23h00 UTC-1.
The project seeks to ensure that the region meets its goal of universal energy access for its over 300 million people, by developing a high-quality gender-responsive, regional energy market development strategy that taps into the innate entrepreneurial capacity of ECOWAS women.
Harnessing this capacity would lead towards increasing the establishment of women-owned energy businesses and the deployment of energy technologies to meet the energy needs of the region’s largely unserved population.
ECREEE received financing three years ago from the African Development Bank Group, through the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparatory Facility (IPPF) Special Fund, towards the project Feasibility Study on Business Opportunities for Women in a Changing Energy Value Chain in West Africa.
The project is a product of the ECOWAS Policy for Gender Mainstreaming in Energy Access which aims, among others, to increase women’s participation in energy-related fields in the private sector by 25% by 2020 and 50% by 2030.
Having completed the 2 technical components, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, ECREEE is now seeking the services of a transaction advisory specialist to develop, structure, package, advise and manage outputs for phase 2 of the project, which includes i.e. mobilisation of funds for women-owned energy businesses in West Africa.
Instructions for submission of proposals
• Proposals, both technical and financial, should be submitted by email ONLY to tender(a)ecreee.org , clearly indicating in the subject: «TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR FEASIBILITY STUDY PROJECT»;
• For additional information or request for clarification, interested parties should send an email to Ms Monica Maduekwe mmaduakwe(a)ecreee.org
• Financial proposal should be submitted in United States Dollars
• The deadline for submission of proposals is the 17 December 2020, 23h00 UTC-1.
• Proposals should not be submitted on ZIP format or exceed 10MB (total attachment per email)
Visit ECREEE for further instructions.