An exciting opportunity exists for a Financial Manager to manage a company’s financial accounts in Mozambique from Cape Town.
Please note, your application will only be considered if you have experience with Mozambican regulatory bodies as this is crucial to the success of this role!
To be the right fit for this exciting role:
- It is non-negotiable that you are a CA(SA) with undisputable knowledge of IFRS
- You will be managing the Mozambican entities’ finances from Cape Town, making it vital that you have experience managing remotely as well as experience in working with companies outside of South Africa.
- You need to be someone who is driven, takes initiative and has a numerical aptitude.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing accountants in Mozambique
- Support the VP Finance and Asset Manager with carrying out cost-saving strategies
- Liaising with tax advisors and authorities to tackle complex tax issues.
- Oversee foreign loan repayment schedules which require you to be able to navigate complex business environments
- Have excellent communication skills and know-how to conduct yourself as you will engage with external auditors throughout the auditing process.
Overall, you need to be someone who is solution orientated, dedicated and is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure deadlines are met. If you can see yourself in this role and will exceed expectations, apply now!
- CA(SA) – non-negotiable!!
Experience working with companies outside of South Africa
Previous experience managing remotely
Previous experience running accounts outside of South Africa is beneficial
Expert knowledge of ERP systems is highly beneficial!
Strong tax knowledge
Undisputable knowledge of IFRS
Your responsibilities will be broken down into five key areas which include people management, group and management reporting, compliance function, external audits and/or reviews and ad hoc which includes analysing and reporting on BD tax strategies.
- Thrive under pressure
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak Portuguese is beneficial
- Robust attention to detail
- Solution orientated
- Highly organised and methodical in approach to work
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
Where to apply?
Applications can be emailed through to email@example.com