The government of Mozambique has applied for the grant financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Power Efficiency and Reliability Improvement Project (PERIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services will be provided over a three-month period and include:
- Review of standards currently applied by EDM for design and construction of electricity distribution infrastructure (networks with operating voltage 33kV and lower, service drops, public lighting) in urban, peri-urban and rural areas;
- Gap analysis with best practices in international experience in the matter, in particular in emerging (non-OECD member countries) applying low-cost technologies;
- Identification and detailed description of proposed standards for design and construction standards of distribution infrastructure in urban, peri-urban and rural areas, including clear definition of levels of service for each case.
The Electricidade de Mozambique now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that the firms have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria:
- Preparation of standards for electricity distribution infrastructure (networks with operating voltage 33 kV and lower, service drops, public lighting) in urban, peri-urban and rural areas, including low-cost technologies;
- (Design and implementation of electricity distribution projects, in particular in emerging (non-OECD member) countries.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 edition, revised July 2014, (Consultant Guidelines), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consult ants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 10:30h local time, on 29 May 2018.
The addresses referred to above are as follows:
Electricidade de Moçambique, E.P. (EDM)
Social Energy Directorate (DES)
Att: Mr.Joao Catine, the Project Manager
Av. Filipe Samuel Magaia, N° 368
Maputo – Mozambique
Tel: + 258 21 3536 62
Fax: + 25821 32 20 74
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.