The 4th annual Regional Energy Summit: West Africa (RES: West) will arrive for the first time in Dakar, Senegal from 2-3 December 2019.
In partnership with the Association of Power Utilities of Africa (APUA), RES: West will bring together over 300 investors, project leaders and utilities stakeholders to present the latest developments on achieving universal power access within West Africa.
Abel Didier Tella, Director General of APUA, said: “As we continuously strive to promote development and integration of African power systems through the interconnection of networks, we also ensure that the pooling of energy resources is a win-win approach for the entire market.
"We are therefore pleased to partner with RES: West in Senegal which will provide a vital platform in bringing together African power utilities and stakeholders to making power more accessible, affordable and reliable for the African peoples."
In addition to Abel Didier Tella, speakers confirmed include:
- H.E. Honourable Bachir Ismael Ouedraogo, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
- Papa Mademba Biteye, CEO, SENELEC
- Emmanuel Antwi-Darkwa, Chief Executive Officer, Volta River Authority (VRA)
- Ahmadou Bakayoko, Director General, Compagnie Ivoirienne de l'Electricité (CIE)
- Baba Ahmed Coulibaly, Director General, SONABEL
- Alpha Robinson, Managing Director, Gambia National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC)
- Mustapha Zakaria-Cisse, Director Energy Trading, Electricity Company Ghana (ECG)
- Yusuf H. Abubakar, Chairman, Kaduna Electric Company
- Djiby Ndiaye, Director General, Agence Nationale pour les Energies Renouvelables (ANER)
Official endorsing partners of the Summit include APUA, ANER, SENELEC, REA alongside Strategic Partners Fieldstone Africa and DLA Piper.
For more information about this meeting:
Contact: Fiona Gleeson– Marketing Manager
Event dates: 2-3 December 2019
Event location: King Fahd Hotel, Dakar
Organisers: EnergyNet, Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 7384 8240