When energy generation and management are not optimised, that can severely impact economic results. Also if costs are not closely controlled or production is not predicted accurately, profits can be dramatically diminished and losses can be incurred.
Therefore it is essential for energy producers to optimise energy management to maximise profitability.
Many countries have started to dramatically reduce economic subsidies for production and have introduced more regulations.
In some cases, it is mandatory for energy producers to optimise energy management to increase profit and avoid sanctions and penalties.
To help improve energy management and profits, an energy solutions provider, Unatec, has partnered with Carriots to create smart grids.
The following results were achieved:
- Energy prediction: better production forecasting by comparing different prediction models.
- Considering production breaks (scheduled and non-scheduled).
- Operations monitoring: detecting and reporting production issues. Issues and production breaks can be detected in real-time. Monitoring is done on main assets to analyse status and optimise performance and maintenance.
- Field actuations: Data supports decision making for issue-related operations by showing:
- When to schedule production stops
- When to mobilise emergency teams
- When to increase cost control and identify non-profitable work
- KPI report to management
About the technology
From the beginning of the project, Unatec relied solely on Carriots plartform as a core element of their technology stack.
The platform was implemented within six months, allowing Unatec to save significant money in development costs.
The core of Carriots is its ability to collect all the information from different smart grid elements (smart meters, SCADA systems and other elements) and IT systems (weather forecast systems, energy prediction systems, energy market, and third party companies operating the energy grid).
Unatec’s Energy Smart Generation platform uses different prediction services and compares them using Carriots’ core to increase forecasting accuracy.
The prediction model receives feedback to continuously enhance accuracy in the energy offering calculation.
A customised set of KPIs is permanently tracked and displayed in real-time graphs to compare production with predictions and generate customised performance reports, budget tracking and plants comparison.
“Carriots was the perfect partner to launch Energy Smart Generation as it shortened our time to market to develop and test the product and later on proved to be a reliable partner to support the product for our key clients,” said Raúl Gil García, Business Development Manager at Unatec.