The 6th Powering Africa: Summit at the JW Marriott Hotel in Miami will host over 300 investors and public and private stakeholders across Africa’s energy sector.
The US Chamber of Commerce, USTDA, USAID, USADF, DFC, MCC, US Exim Bank, and Power Africa alongside nine African energy ministers from Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Somalia, Guinea, Djibouti and Zimbabwe are attending the summit to explore the adoption of innovative technology and discussion on financing energy projects in Africa.
“As the preeminent voice advocating for increase in trade and investment between the US and Africa, the US Chamber’s US-Africa Business Centre fully supports initiatives such as Power Africa, and is delighted to be an official partner of the Powering Africa Summit. These initiatives are important to gather key stakeholders, including US private sector, to be part of the solution to the daunting challenge of providing electricity to 600 million people in Africa,” said Scott Eisner, President of the US Chamber’s US-Africa Business Centre
Alongside the attendance of US Chamber of Commerce, the summit also confirms:
- H.E Honourable Dr Teshome Tafesse, State Minister of Finance and Economic Cooperation, Government of Ethiopia
- H.E Honourable Abraham Belay, Minister of Innovation and Technology, Government of Ethiopia
- H.E Honourable Saleh Mamman, Minister of Power, Government of Nigeria
- H.E. Honourable Yonis Ali Guedi, Minister for Energy and Natural Resources, Government of Djibouti
- H.E. Honourable Bachir Ismael Ouedraogo, Minister of Energy, Government of Burkina Faso
- H.E. Honourable Cesar Augusto Hinestrosa Gomez, Vice Minister of Industry and Energy, Government of Equatorial Guinea
- H.E. Honourable Mohammed Ghazali, Secretary-General, Ministry of Energy, Mines & Sustainable Development, Government of Morocco
- H.E. Honourable Irene Muloni, Senior Presidential Advisor, Government of Uganda
- H.E Ambassador Carlos Dos Santos, Ambassador of the Republic of Mozambique to the US
- Gloria Magombo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Power Development, Government of Zimbabwe
- Gouled Mohamed, Director General, Ministry of Energy & Natural Resources, Government of Djibouti
- Karim Camara, National Directorate of Energy, Ministry of Energy, Government of Guinea
Energynet is hosting the 4th Latin America Energy Forum (LAEF) alongside the Powering Africa: Summit.
LAEF will bring together government leaders and senior decision-makers from the US and Latin America to explore the region’s energy mix and the role of gas and nonconventional renewables.
More information about this meeting:
Meeting dates: 24-26 February 2020
Venue: JW Marriott, Miami, USA
Contact: Fiona Gleeson –Marketing Manager: Africa Portfolio
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7384 8068