The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum has launched an Accelerator Programme targeting women-led or owned green energy businesses.
The Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures initiative is organised in partnership with the African Women’s Development Fund. This particular programme will be implemented in Malawi and Nigeria.
The Forum thus announces a call for applications for the Women in Green Energy Ventures Accelerator Programme. It will choose 10 women-owned and/or women-led enterprises involved in renewable and green energy production or services.
Entrepreneurs will receive support and training to scale up their businesses. They will also be able to access one-on-one expert mentoring and coaching; tangible opportunities to raise capital; and access to networks, partners and investors for growth.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Women owners or leaders of scalable renewable and green energy businesses;
- Businesses must be registered and operating in either Malawi or Nigeria;
- Business must be post-revenue and operating for not less than 2 years;
- The business should be in the position of looking for opportunities to raise growth capital;
- The dynamic business owner must be ready to take the business to the next level.
The Women in Green Energy Ventures Accelerator Programme will take place over a period of eight weeks from 15 March to 7 May, 2021. Applications close on 1 March 2021.
Application Forms for the Forum’s Women in Green Energy Ventures Accelerator Programme are available online.
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum is a pan-African non-profit organisation which nurtures and actively promotes women innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa. The African Women’s Development Fund is a pan-African grant making organization which supports the realisation and fulfilment of African women’s rights through funding of autonomous women’s organisations on the continent.