A company within the renewable energy industry is looking for an O&M Acquisition Manager to support its PV portfolio in Cape Town, South Africa.
The ideal candidate will come from a strong electrical background and have a degree in Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering along. Ideally, the candidate will have 4+ years of O&M experience and 4+ years of procurement experience in the PV industry with metering and reporting experience.
The company is looking for someone who is highly disciplined and will ensure rules and regulations are complied with, has a good working knowledge of remote monitoring systems and platforms and can easily build and maintain strong working relationships. On top of this, the candidate should be proactive, have great leadership skills and know-how to conduct monitoring and metering of energy efficiency projects.
As the O&M Acquisition Manager, your responsibilities will include being responsible for all the O&M needs arising from the company’s PV portfolio, acquiring all major components and equipment needed by the operations team, planning and carrying out the O&M phase of all PV plants once commissioning is complete, suggesting and supervising contractors for any O&M activities that are required, dealing with and managing site operators and other relevant stakeholders, and planning the O&M related site work.
Education requirements of the O&M acquisition manager
- Degree in Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong electrical background
- 4+ years of O&M experience
- 4+ years of procurement experience in the PV industry as well as metering and reporting experience
- Thorough knowledge of energy metering and reporting
- Knowledgeable in energy reporting and all relevant PV component brands, suppliers and manufacturers
- Good working knowledge of remote monitoring systems and platforms
Responsibilities of the O&M acquisition manager
Your responsibilities will include supervising current stock and critical spares for the company’s PV plants, procurement of equipment for upcoming projects as well as O&M purposes, supporting the design team and project developers with the project design phase, preparing O&M budgets and performance forecasts, overseeing in-house O&M teams, and commissioning and supporting with all engineering services in the department.
- Excellent ability to schedule and executive O&M processes
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Team player
- Great written and verbal communication skills
If you have strong procurement knowledge as well as a thorough understanding of energy metering and reporting, you could be the right person for the job. This is your chance to work with a group of people who is passionate about renewable energy. Apply for the O&M Acquisition Manager position today.