The West African Power Industry Convention (WAPIC) – THE only event for the West African power sector, comes to Abuja, Nigeria from Monday 28th November until Thursday 1st December 2011 at the Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. Please Mark Your Diaries!
WAPIC 2011 is officially supported and hosted by the Federal Ministry of Power of Nigeria and Power Holding Company of Nigeria with a Keynote presentation from their new Minister of Power – Professor Bart Nnaji.
With the imminent power sector privatisation in Nigeria, the event is perfectly timed to bring key investors, multilateral donors and financial institutions keen to invest in the sector together with utility leaders, policy makers, regulators and independent power producers.
Last year’s conference and exhibition WAPIC, hosted by Senelec, Senegal, gathered more than 400 attendees from 27 countries, mainly from the West African region plus delegates from Europe, USA/Canada and the rest of Africa.
This year we are delighted to be returning in Nigeria at such a critical time in the industry’s development. WAPIC was held in Nigeria before in 2008 and was a great success. The WAPIC event serves both the Anglophone and Francophone countries from across the region.
WAPIC 2011 key features are:
- CEO West African Utility panel discussion on performance of the sector in preparing for the wave of privatisation
- Updates on the Nigerian power sector reform
- Regulatory and legal frameworks for the ideal investment environment
- Tariff review feedback
- International power sector contributions around improving performance in the distribution network and operational standards
- Solutions and discussions with industrial large power users
WAPIC 2011 confirmed speakers are:
- Lai Yahaya, Technical Advisor, Presidential Task Force on Power Nigeria
- Dr Sam Amadi, Chairman/ CEO, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Oonu Ruhl, Country Director & Erik Fernstrom, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Oliver Tunde Andrews, Director & Chief Coverage Officer, Africa Finance Corporation
- Engineer H.S. Labo, CEO, PHCN/TCN
- Bureau of Public Enterprise
WAPIC 2011 Exhibitors and Sponsors on board so far…
Siemens, Alstom Grid, Itron, Megger, KONCAR, Conlog, Momas Systems Nigeria, Omicron, AES APCO, KGRTC, Vergokan, Landis+Gyr, Depagne France & Chris-Ejik International Nigeria, Sudden Impact International, Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen Germany, GM, Surgetek, etc…
Nigeria’s current electricity power output is about 4,000 Megawatts. To bring electricity power to its 150 million people, Nigeria has plans to expand electricity output to 14,000 MW by 2013 and 40,000 MW by 2020. This will need $3.5bn per annum for the next 10 years.
Significant improvements in industry performance and network efficiency will be key drivers for attracting investment, but more crucial than this is the investment environment created and influenced by the policy makers and regulatory bodies in the sector.
WAPIC is a 4 day programme with:
- Pre-conference sessions on attracting investment into the power sector, tapping your renewable energy resource potential and improving revenue management – 28 November 2011
- 2 day main conference covering regional strategic topics such as industry regulation, energy mix planning, privatisation and industry reform and operational issues such as power generation opportunities, distribution network improvements and enforcing health and safety and quality standards – 29- 30 November 2011
- Large Power Users Focus Day that brings together the power utility and industrial sectors who are significantly affected by unstable and inefficient electricity power generation and delivery – 30 November 2011
- Power plant site visits on the final day – 01 December 2011
Spintelligent, part of Clarion Events is a global business to business events and media company with key publications in Energy, Metering and Mining. We are an established strategic information provider to the global metering and utilities industries, with events and magazines in African infrastructure, focusing on power and mining.
To book your place or for more exhibition and sponsorship information contact: Ade Yesufu on telephone: +27 21 700 3574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean-Tite Oloumoussié on telephone: +27 21 700 3508 or email: email@example.com
For speaking opportunities and programme enquiries, please contact: Michelle Fanus on + 44 7817 701413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org