Leaders in Africa’s power and energy sector were recognised in an awards ceremony at this year’s Africa Energy Forum in Mauritius.
Hosted by EnergyNet, the awards evening celebrated companies and people who have significantly impacted both the sector and the Forum over the last 20 years.
- Wiliam Amuna from the Ghanaian Ministry of Energy,
- Amadou Hott of the African Development Bank (AfDB),
- Chris Weston of Aggreko,
- Jason Harlan of Fieldstone Africa,
- Theophilus Sackey from CenPower Generation,
- Scott Mackin of Denham Capital,
- Clive Ferreira of Gaia Infrastructure Partners, and
- Lucy Chege from the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA).
A surprise award was presented to Rod & Evelyne Cargill, Founders of the Forum, to recognise their positive impact on the sector by launching the Forum 20 years ago.
Much work remains to be done, that much is clear, but the 20th Forum is a chance for stakeholders, colleagues and friends to take stock of their achievements before continuing on their journey to electrify the continent.