EAPIC is taking place at a particularly exciting time in Kenya’s power sector, with reform starting on the structure of the distribution sector, and 285MW additional generation capacity being built. Kenya’s Vision 2030 lays the foundation for the financial and economic security and development of Kenya through various social and economic development strategies. Join us at EAPIC 2013 and get to grips with some of the exciting developments in East Africa
Reason’s to be excited about opportunities in Kenya:
- Investment of $400 million will be leveraged by the World Bank on four new power producers
- Kenya’s Private Sector Power Generation Support Project will provide a series of Partial Risk Guarantees (PRG) of $166 million to support private investment
- There is US$623 million available in support from the World Bank for power projects in Kenya
- The Kenyan government plans to increase generation by more than 10 000MW by 2030 and increase electrification rates to 40% by the same time
- $240 million is being spent on underground cabling in Nairobi
- Investors are being sought for a $60 million transformer manufacturing plant with a capacity of 60 000 transformers per annum
- Join us at the premier event for the East African power sector and you will have access to the decision makers who are determining the future of this dynamic region.
The management team of EAPIC hereby also invite potential speakers and chairmen to send abstracts for presentations for consideration by the advisory board. Further information about the call for papers can be found here.
For more information, please contact Claire Volkwyn at email@example.com or +27 21 700 3500, Ext. 3559.